Wednesday 20 January 2010

New job or not?!

Fuck you Twitter being over capacity, I need some advice and no one reads my blog to give me that advice!

There's a job, it's with a big organisation, a big sort of Govermental/Mayoral organisation. It's just Admin, but it starts at £25k, which is about £2k more than I get at the moment, however, that £2k will probably just get swallowed in travelcards because it's in Westminster and that means a 90 minute journey each way. Do I want that? It's horrible, I could do that job, but I have such little self confidence that I just think, what's the point, there'll be better people.

And if not Travelcards, then perhaps in Nursery fees or something and I dunno, it means I won't get in until 6:30-7:00pm each day, by which point Scarlett is going to bed, then I need to eat, and I still very much need to go to the gym, so I really don't know what to do.

And do I want to be doing Admin for the rest of my life? Surely I'm better off in this job, that has a degree of flexibility and 30 minute journey to work and the ability to move to a different department relatively easily if the right thing came up.

It could be exciting, working with important people, but at the same time, self-important people piss me off like they do here. It's like, the grass is always greener, but at the same time, I was hoping to stop working anyway and start doing something more interesting with my life, god knows what, but something other than Admin!

I think I'm just trying to talk myself out of it really aren't I?!

What do I do? Please, if anyone reads this blog, now is your time to speak up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave me one to brighten my day!